Helping shoppers win isn't the only thing we're passionate about.
We believe in the importance of giving back to the communities that we call home.
From annual toy drives to hosting educational workshops, there's never a shortage of work being done to support our Las Vegas and Los Angeles communities.
- Since 2017 Slickdeals has had the pleasure of participating in Las Vegas' 98.5 KCLU Annual Toy Drive.
- In 2021, Slickdeals partnered with the Los Angeles LGBT Center & the Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth for the "Slickdeals Gives Back" holiday philanthropic event. Slickdeals team members purchased essential items from each organization's Amazon wishlist such as pantry foods, clothing, and personal hygiene items to be donated. With Slickdeals matching $1,000 for each organization, we donated a total of $6,310.29 worth of goods.
- In 2021 and 2022, Slickdeals partnered with DIY Girls for their virtual Fall Benefit to raise money to continue supporting young Latinx girls interested in technology and engineering. Additionally, several Slickdeals team members volunteered to share their personal career journeys to highlight the importance of women in technology and inspire the pursuit of careers in the technology space.
- One of Slickdeals biggest community projects to date was the creation and execution of a custom 8-week curriculum for Avenues for Justice. Slickdeals team members volunteered time and expertise to teach a group of youths how to successfully open and run a Redbubble online storefront. The multi-week event included lessons on social media, product design, budgeting and finance, marketing, and more. All proceeds from items purchased through the store are donated back to Avenues for Justice to support counseling, education and employment assistance, job training and more for young people entangled in the criminal system.
At Slickdeals, we all have a responsibility to actively promote diversity and equity within our office, in the online forums we host and in our communities at large. We believe people do their best work in a culture that’s evolving, empowering, altruistic and compassionate to all humans. Success requires leveraging Slickdeals’ prominence and expertise to advance the liberation and empowerment of marginalized groups one interaction at a time - until it is every interaction, every time.
- Our Workplace Inclusivity committee aims to maintain a consistent dialogue around diversity in experience and expertise. Through workshops, guest speakers, and other events, we work to advance diversity within the workplace.
- Our External Communities committee aligns with non-profit organizations that share aspects of the Slickdeals' mission statement. We strive to build partnerships through education, giving, and volunteering.
- Our Diversity in Employee Population committee works to identify areas within the company where we can improve diversity amongst our employees as well as modify our recruiting process to increase the diversity of our candidate pool. A diverse employee population, at all levels, makes us stronger not only as a team but also as individuals.
- Our Customer and Partner committee evaluates our messaging and ensures that we are speaking and receiving from a stance of diversity and inclusiveness. It is important that our shoppers feel safe, respected, and connected. Ultimately this drives happier, more engaged humans, which is paramount within our site and the world.
- With the goal of creating more Employee Resource Groups in 2022, Slickdeals currently supports an employee-run women's group. SlickChicks was founded in 2020 as a response to the Covid-19 pandemic, to help women within the organization process the many uncertainties we were all faced with. Since then, it has grown into a place where the women of Slickdeals can be unapologetically ambitious, expand their networks, learn, and teach.
In August of 2018 the Slickdeals Los Angeles office was recognized as a certified green business and held this title for 3 years. The Slickdeals Los Angeles office met the green business standards set by The City of Los Angeles and The California Green Business Network (CAGBN), which demonstrated that we ran our business in a sustainable manner, both in policy and in practice.
The Los Angeles office is currently working to be recertified for another 4 years and continues to adopt best practices to reduce its carbon footprint. The certification process will be completed by January 2022.
The Las Vegas office is currently working with the NV|Green Business Network to become a green certified office and will complete the certification process by January 2022.
- In April 2020, the Slickdeals Los Angeles office installed a Bevi countertop water dispenser to reduce the amount of aluminum canned sparkling water purchased.
- Slickdeals actively collects any and all non-functioning office equipment such as mice, keyboards, display cords, monitors, etc. and works with local E-waste vendors (Homeboy Recycling and Blind Center of Nevada) to properly recycle these items.
- Both Slickdeals offices provide Energy Star appliances including energy efficient lighting and 365-day programmable thermostats.
- All Slickdeals computers are automatically set to go into sleep mode after 15 minutes of inactivity and are enabled with power management software.
Interested in working together?
We love working with people who share similar passions. Please reach out to explore ways we can work together to support our communities.